Friday, May 20, 2011

Knit Night at Rio Ritas took a Walk on the Wild Side!

I've been on a knitting hiatus recently and last night I returned to my fiber roots with a BANG! I finally found a vest pattern I like that can be knit in my Sandrasingh.com 1 Ply Merino Worsted, I had been searching far and wide for one, and this one is easy enough for me to work by myself.

I'm working it in the Big Sky colorway and I'm loving it already.

Here's the pattern, Hilja by Niina Hakkarainen and its a freebie on Ravelry. Kathy up at HCW was kind enough to go into detail on how to do a pattern search on Rav and after a few quick minutes I turned up this one that can be worked in Malabrigo's Merino Worsted which is the same gauge and easy sub for my 1 Ply Merino Worsted.

Its knit in the round and as you can see lots of simple stockinette. The most difficult part will be the armhole shaping which didn't look all that intimidating.

So I thought why not head up to Rio Ritas' Thursday night Arts & Drafts stitch and bitch to cast on? I hadn't been in over a year and the last time I was there the group had just been featured on a local Austin TV program and the broadcast was being aired.

This time things took quite a different turn...but at this point I'll leave it up to your imagination! And I wonder what's in store for next Thursday?

No comments: