Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Colors & Save 10% on Sandrasingh.com Yarn

Since ringing in 2011 it's been very busy at Sandrasingh.com, besides adding new yarns & projects a HUGE shipment of my very own Sandrasingh.com Yarn has arrived. Over 50 new colors in my 1 Ply Merino Worsted and lots of new shades in my Superwash Fingering and Lace.

You may remember in May 2010 for my website's 5th Anniversary I introduced my own yarn collection. It all happened rather quickly, even though producing my own yarn line had been one of my goals since I opened in 2005. I knew when I touched my very first skein of merino wool, that this soft fiber was the one I wanted hand painted in custom colors. I was finally able to realize this dream when a fellow fiber enthusiast put me in touch with a family from Uruguay who had been working with Uruguayan Merino Sheep for nearly a decade. Upon sampling their 100% merino wool yarns I discovered they created some of the softest, most supple yarn available, all of a sudden my ambition took on a life of its own!

As some of the knitwear designers I work with, and I, began to knit the yarns we found that all four were smooth and produced finished fabrics with well defined stitch definition and lovely drape. They washed and blocked nicely, holding their desired shape and all were gentle enough to be worn next to the skin.

For many years this family has worked with local Uruguayan artisans to hand paint their fibers in stunning, brilliantly saturated colors. My line of colorways includes some of the most unique semi solid and variegated hues available. I'm proud to offer you a lace, superwash fingering, 1 & 3 ply worsted, all crafted of 100% Uruguayan Merino Wool and put up in very generous skeins.

Superwash Fingering

Discover your inner sock knitter with my Superwash Fingering. Sumptuously soft with a slight halo, you'll adore knitting and wearing the socks you create with it. But why stop at socks? Since its a superwash with 440 yards let your imagination run wild.

Lace

If you're a lace knitting enthusiast you'll love creating with my Lace weight, each hank has 950 yards making your shawls, stoles and other lace projects a dream to knit, with fewer ends to weave!
3 Ply Merino Worsted

Realize your creativity with my 3 Ply Merino Worsted, this velvety smooth yarn has a light, even twist.

1 Ply Merino Worsted

Buttery soft and gentle to the touch your every garment will be a dream to knit up and wear in my 1 Ply Merino Worsted. With 215 yards per skein, one skein is all you need for a plush hat or cowl and its now available in sweater quantities.

Frillery

A few of the knitwear artists I work with designed some beautiful garments for my yarn! Renee Leverington of "Goddess Knits" created the Frillery Shawl in my Lace and the Ribbon Taffy Socks in Superwash Fingering.


Sookie

And working with my 1 Ply Merino Worsted Michelle Miller of "Fickleknitter Designs" created the hat, cowl and fingerless mitts set Sookie.



And soon to be released a hoodie scarf design in my 1 Ply Merino Worsted and a filigree scarf in my Lace.

For the next three days, all of my yarns are 10% Off, sale ends 1/28/11.

No comments: