Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Happy Holidays from NYC...

Merry Christmas! And if you celebrated Hanukkah I hope that it was special as well. We've been busy during this trip to NYC, about 2 weeks ago we went ice skating in Bryant Park, lots of fun and I'm happy to say no one fell despite not having ice skated in almost five years.
This is our view for our window, we're not very high up but it certainly is pretty at night.And DH decided to get a little artistic!It snowed 10" here last weekend and I've reconfirmed my beliefs about winter. Eskimos have many words for snow, Tunics not as many. Myself, two, pretty snow like in this picture above....and dangerous snow which I didn't want to photograph, but have to walk through everyday! Luckily I don't drive here and for this I'm very thankful.

We went to the NY Botanical Gardens last weekend to see their annual Holiday Train Show. These two shots are from the gardens, I love the splashes of red on the stark trees.
I was very impressed with the train show, it was thoughtfully planned with these miniature replicas of famous buildings throughout NYC and the five boroughs and the way they landscaped to scale was wonderful. Reminded me of when I used to play with my doll house outside and would trim the grass to be the front lawn, only 10Xs more elaborate! The show easily appeals to men and women across generations with the miniatures, flora and fauna and of course the trains.

Frank Lloyd Wright's Guggenheim

The trains are why we went, DH was deprived a train set when he was young though promised one if he received good grades...I'll save that story for another post.

We hope you enjoy these videos as much as DH enjoyed making them.




No Santa, but one of Santa's little helpers was on hand!

On Wednesday our cousins came into the city from Washington DC and we all went to see the Rockettes at Radio City Music Hall. None of us had seen the show before and we were all really impressed. I lost count of their costume changes and the choreography was flawless.

Today its a movie and dinner in China Town.

1 comment:

Ajit Singh said...

trains look nice. show was very nice