Friday, October 30, 2009

Versacowl KAL

This lovely cowl is the Versacowl by Michelle Miller, the Fickleknitter. In honor of True Blood Season 3 we're having a KAL for it in my Ravelry group, Sandrasingh.com. The "Keeping Our Necks Warm for TB Season 3 Versacowl KAL," but you don't have to be a True Blood fan to join us!

You can purchase the pattern on my site and I've put together Kits for it too.
This is my Versacowl in progress, I'm knitting it in Karabella Aurora 8, Royal Blue #41. Once you learn the sequence its a very easy pattern and its charted. I got off to a rocky start and had to frog, even my second attempt is not perfect, but I'm not going to stress since it will be worn slouchy.

The pattern includes instructions to style the cowl three different ways. It can be worn around your neck, of course, but also as a hood.

I hope you join us!

FYI beside the Versacowl there are 7 other KALs happening in my group, the two Sandrasingh.com Exclusive patterns Isabella and the Tangled Vine Socks, Midnight Lace Scarf by Chrissy Gardiner of Gardiner Yarn Works, knitty.com's free Mr Greenjeans, In the Courtyard by Ilga Leja, the Murphy's Lace Shawl by Schaefer and Lisa Ellis Designs' Super Bulky Winter Vest. I hope at least one inspires you!

No comments: