Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hello Summer Knitting: Laura Aylor's Pawleys Shawl


Aylor shares the story behind her new Pawleys Shawl..."Pawleys Island is a place to get away and unwind. This shawl resulted when I needed something relaxing but not boring to knit because life got a little too crazy. Bands of stockinette and garter stitch are separated by eyelets. 

Scrumptious yarn such as Lorna's Laces DK weight Honor makes the simple sublime and gives you a perfect shawl for chilly evenings on the beach or chilly evenings when you wishyou were at the beach." 
 

3 comments:

Carol Lee said...

I love the look of this shawl. The description really hits the spot - not too complex but not boring either. Perfect shawl for traveling since it's sturdy enough to make an ad hoc pillow or blanket. I've worn out a shawl I made many years ago with similar qualities and I think I've finally found a good replacement. Thanks!!

Sandra Singh said...

Carol Lee I'm so glad you like this shawl! Laura Aylor's designs are always clean and classic I love working with her and her patterns are always a big hit. And I love your idea of turning this WIP into a pillow!

pelicanknits said...

love this.. perfect for Florida