Friday, February 21, 2014

A Perfect Pair: On the Hudson and the Windham Hat

Recently a knitter asked which hat pattern I'd recommend to wear with my On the Hudson cowl and I immediately thought of Army of Knitter's Windham! Like my OtH Windham plays with contrasting colors and stitch patterns to compliment your personal style. On the Hudson is knit in 4 contrasting colorways, pull out your two favorites for Windham! Or play with color and do either OtH or Windham in a solid while mixing and matching colorways for the other! Your possibilities are endless and each time you knit a set you'll get a different look.
On the Hudson
Stark granite bluffs, swiftly rushing, alternating currents, all under a crystal blue sky; this was my inspiration for On the Hudson!  This cacophony of colors and textures spoke to me when I picked up my needles to begin this design.  I selected a beautiful mix of yarns and stitch patterns that are reversible, so you can relax and enjoy wearing this cowl however you please.

Windham
Like me Heather Dixon of Army of Knitters loves to play with color and texture.  Her Windham Hat looks and feels so cozy.  Work it in a lightweight yarn, or a worsted, in a garter stitch with a double cable running up one side. Instructions included for a fitted or slouchy style and either would be the perfect companion for OtH.

No comments: