Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Meet my Loida Shawl KAL Co-Host: Gini Holter

Introducing my co-host Gini Holter!   Gini is "ginih" on Ravelry, friend her! Gini is an amazing lace knitter, you can also check out her Project Page on Rav, and has joined us for other KALs. I was very happy when she agreed to be my Loida KAL co-host. 

Meet Gini: I have been knitting regularly for about 19 years. I first learned to knit when I was about 5 years old from my mother but did not go beyond the basic knit/purl. I decided to learn (or maybe “re-learn”) to knit about 20 years ago, but when I went to take lessons at my LYS I found that I already knit Continental and could not seem to make my fingers work for English style. So with encouragement from the owner I stepped right into a few challenging patterns and haven’t put down my needles since.

I love to knit lace, especially shawls. I am very excited to co-host this KAL. I hope to encourage and support you all through this lovely shawl pattern, and maybe those of you who are a little reluctant to try lace will take this opportunity to join in with us.

A little bit about me. I live in Allen, Texas, just north of Dallas. I am a mom to 3 amazing boys, and I am married to a great guy who puts up with all of my various adventures. We have a beagle named Zoe, 3 fancy mice, 3 planted aquariums full of various types of tropical fish and a yard full of antique roses. I am a family nurse practitioner and I also teach nursing school. I just finished my Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) degree at Texas Tech University Health Science Center on May 21, 2013.

Loida by Chiagu



No comments: